Friday, April 12, 2013

Skip the mockingbird and give me the diamond ring

Sunrise picnic at the Tidal Basin to see the Cherry Blossoms
As mentioned before I have very little expertise when it comes to babies. I pretty much know where the food goes in (and where it goes out) and that they don't really bounce. As I was doing my research on all things babies, I came to realize I don't really know the words to too many lullabies. I think this may be an important piece of knowledge given that I anticipate that helping the little one fall asleep will be one of my chief tasks (that and cleaning up where the food comes out).

Rather than making up my own words or just humming, last week I memorized all the words to Hush little baby. Everyone knows that the baby shouldn't say a word cos Papa's gonna by you a mockingbird; but few people know that if that cart and bull tip over, Papa's gonna by you a dog named Rover.
Don't tell Tonic that March madness is over


This past week made me realize that there is a good chance that this child of ours is going to be born a joller. Despite being pregnant Mrs G and I went to two concerts - David Guetta on Saturday and then Maroon 5 on a school night. Pregnancy or not, Erin Golding still showed off that she has the moves like Jagger. So much so, that she (as always) got hit on by some sketchy boys while at David Guetta. We have an ultrasound coming up this week and I wouldn't be surprised if the little one is tapping its foot.

If all goes to plan, next week's ultrasound will also be the time that we get to find out what flavor baby we are having. I encourage you to vote here http://apps.facebook.com/my-polls/mkxtb on whether you think its a boy or a girl. Click on the link, if for no reason, you'll get to see pics and judge who was cuter as a kid between Erin and myself. 
If you look closely, you'll see
the beginning of the bump.

This past week saw the passing of Margaret Thatcher. The press reports have contained both praise and vitriol; even an article in the New Yorker debunking that she invented soft serve ice cream. However, one story that hasn't gotten any press is how she once had the good fortune to meet me. Even more remarkable was that I was wearing a Santa Claus outfit when it all happened. I bet you think she's even cooler now than before!

Finally, so much for fruit salad? Babycenter says the little one is now the size of turnip. I had a hard enough time predicting fruit, predicting veggies is simply impossible.

Be sure to leave comments below and I have now added a subscription gadget on the blog. Just drop your email in their and follow the instructions and you will get an email notification each time there's an update on the blog.

Cheers
aL

1 comment:

  1. On lullabies: Chief recommendations are the music of The Who, AC/DC, Led Zepplin and The Doors. All babies should grow up rocking.

    ReplyDelete